So these may be one of the best cookies I’ve made till date.
Chocolate + coffee = happiness. And what better way to enjoy happiness than in cookie form?
So here’s another cookie recipe for all you coffee lovers! I made some slight adjustments to my beloved Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies from Tasty (which I use as the base of all my chocolate chip cookie recipes) and gave it a little kick of espresso. These cookies are seriously so good – and even better if you have a little patience. 😉 Yes, I let this dough sit overnight in the fridge — totally optional but SO worth it. I love doing this because it makes the dough easier to manage when rolling them out and the sugars, butter and espresso really get to mingle during this time. This is how I achieve the toffee flavor!
Let’s just get into it – recipe below!
- .5 cup butter (melted)
- .5 cups brown sugar
- .25 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- .5 tsp salt (and extra for sprinting on top)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 - 2 tsp instant espresso powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- .5 cup chopped baker's chocolate (adjust to preference)
- Mix both sugars, salt and melted butter together until combined
- Add egg and vanilla and whisk until combined and smooth
- Add instant espresso powder and mix until fully combined
- Sit flour and baking powder and fold it in until just combined
- Fold in the chopped chocolate chunks
- (optional) For the best flavor, cover the dough and let it sit in the fridge overnight
- Preheat the over to 350 degress
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a baking tray or parchment paper about 1 inch apart
- Bake for 11 minutes, until golden and sprinkle with flakey sea salt on top